ONE on ONE with VYBRANT FAYA-SMF

The SMF  talented music sensation,Vybrant Fire is a dance Hall,artist,who's mashing up stages and reping  DanceHall to the  fullest.

It's now clear that When we talk about people changing the face of Ghana music in terms of bringing up a dance-hall machinery,Vybrant Fire of the SMF comes in mind.
After listening to his hit song  MAMPI and his Upper Clissic Album(AP) songs ,I had to bring him to my Hot Seat and make him answer some questions...


KV:How did music influence your childhood?

FAYA: Music influence me positively, i think each person have special talents in my home …For me Music was, a place to escape emotionally and mentally, and even spiritually. My dad had the music on 24/7. Music was food and water for us when money was down. We were so full and satisfied as long as music was blasting through the speakers in our home. It influenced every aspect of my childhood. I love listening to reggae because my uncle always blast it.

KV:DID YOU HAVE ANY FORMAL EDUCATION IN MUSIC:

faya: Yes, music is a ‘Technical Discipline’ that you need to study. Just like accountancy before you can comfortably work in a bank. I learn everyday when writing and recording my songs. Music is dynamic in nature and need to be studied with all the senses fully opened and it means if you don’t study the trends and how it is evolving over the years, you will only be producing what nobody wants to listen to. Yes I study the rudiments of music on my own. But no formal classroom education.


KV:What is the importance of music in society, as a whole? 

faya:I think music is the soul food therefore all artist  should be absolutely honest with what we write about, because music never lies… and good music never dies it addresses all issues that are so hard for the average person to talk about. Society is filled with so much politics, gender issues, spiritual issues, class issues but at the end of the day music is the only element in life that EVERYONE is so cool with. Music is the society’s best friend… so you can always count on it.

KV:WHAT INSPIRES YOUR KIND OF MUSIC

faya:It is quite amazing. First of all. Music is my God giving talent so it comes from above. But Vybrant Fire on a normal day is inspired by the crazy beats by my sound engineers. Most of songs are like reality checks. They are things that happen to people including you and i every day.



KV:Who were your favorite musicians when you were growing up? - 

faya:I never really had or have a favorite musician because…I’m an all-rounder when it comes to that but I know Bob Marley was an artist I listened to EVERYDAY…and Sizla,Vybzz kartel,Bonti killer,Shabaranks Listening to shaggy, Sean paul and couple of other artist got  me attracted to the Dance hall music at a tender age.

KV:Who are your favorite musicians now?

faya:I just try and update myself with what’s new around the world and in the industry , that’s all, and I have specific songs that I really like…and of course I still listen to old school jams. I listen to artist's like, Obrafou,Ras Kuuku, Bisa K'dei,Alkaline ,tommy lee and many more.

KV:WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT DANCE-HALL IN  GHANA’S MUSIC INDUSTRY?: 

faya:The industry has its own challenges. But SHATTA MOVEMENT FAMILY feels more can be than to resolve some of the horrible challenges facing us. The future of DANCEHALL in Ghana music is safe if we the artist understand the dynamics in music and will learn to put a good content in our song. The backbiting, selfishness,greed and beefing is already part of  a Black man's mind..lol. but Musicians in the jamaica and in the west are putting upper quality misic out there and  that is what we are doing.And we hope our various industries supports us. so we  can also bring out quality music.


KV:Aside ras kuuku,Which Ghanaian musician would you like to work with and why? 

faYA:I would love to work with the legends.But for now SMF have lot of artist who i look forward to working with them,I have something with a London artist called Raquel,am also working with a Jamaican artist too,I can’t name them cause I would work with them all if I could, lol.My beat its seflf is more of international mix and its on rotation,many Jamaican artist  have used it as their office beat,Djs are using the ridim  for the mixx too.

KV: WHEN ARE YOU RELEASING YOUR FIRST ALBUM:

Faya:This  January 2015 i released the upper classic album,9 upper fix and 9 club friendly...A Jamaican dj heard my songs  and  decided to to a fixtape,club mixx  for just  me,no other artist,and i feel impressed by how the Album is doing great out there and i thank all SMF funs for making it a dream come true




KV:How does technology impact your music? 

faya:Well let’s just say that things are not as they used to be when the only way to own a record was to walk into any music store and have a physical purchase of copy of a record…
NOW it’s the 21st Century so everybody wants to download from the net and I mean almost EVERYBODY. And there are phones and all kinds of gadgets that can be used to download and upload music just some within seconds.there are a lot of websites, and so many technological means of sharing music. there are Bluetooth devices and social media networks that support this and all you have to do is to type an artist’s name or song title and BAM you have it, lol. So I guess it’s an easier and faster way of pushing the music out there. It’s not always helpful though because of copyright issues and other disadvantage but I think it’s just a matter of getting your music up on to the right sites and the right people.In a whole it makes music making much more easier and i hope  it'll not make the artist feel lazier.


KV:Since entering the music scene, what’s the most important thing you have learned? 

faya: i've learnt that time will tell in everything, and good works will surely be rewarded as the evil will not go unpunished and That you have to stay humble no matter what because a lot of unexpected things are going to hit you like a ton of bricks and that can make you lose focus and remain untrue to your art.I know we  live in the projects broke with no lights on, but still we have to be strong.


KV:HOW DOES YOUR FAMILY SEES YOUR MUSIC CAREER?:  

VybrantFaya: Well it was difficult initially but with time they have realize music chose me and therefore i have to response to the divine call.Am coming from a very religious home where circular music is not a family thing because of the negative perception.

KV:A LOT OF GIRLS OUT THERE WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU ARE SINGLE:

VybrantFaya: They want to give me some ?lol. Music is my focus right now. i don’t really want to be talking about relationship but with time the world will get to know whether  am single or not. The focus is the business now.I love all our fans all day and respect their concern as well. All Vybrant fire fans are called SMF  because we all together makes it complete. Thumbs up 

KV:Out of all of the songs you have released, which one is your favorite? 

VybrantFaya: I love the new one that’s out now, ‘ MAMPI…The girls dem love it,and it really shows the serious side of me.A Jamaica man once heard the song and said,"mi cant believe dis song waz song outta Ghana,and when Ghanaian s listen too,they this its from a Jamaican artist.Theres an African part of me which the fans are yet to experience and this song is the introduction to that side of me. And I'll always try to stay true to the red,gold,green with that black star in it and myself.I also have a few more favorites on the list but I can’t tell you about that now, as i wish to use that as a surprise to the fans  lol . 

KV:Tell me a bit about your hit song “MAMPI".What influenced you to write that song and how did you come up with the concept for the video? 


VybrantFaya: Haha!!! Ok you know in the old days when growing up,i saw fat ladies been abused or lets say fat girls been laughed at in our community,in our schools every where,like the slim girls i call dem maga girls dem,gets all the attention,so i felt like making a song to uplift the fat girls,make them know  they really matter in our society and to stop making people disrespect them,They are asserts and we cant do without them,that why is said in my song "This ya anthem, fi di floppy  girl dem,to how dem wine and bubble make me luv dem,Bigup all the maga girl dem,adi floppy girl me say..aaahhhh.bigups to the girl dat sexy and floppy,MAMPII.".We should call them fat and sex but not just fat that the fat ladies...Big up to every one who loved the tune,they  make  me got nominated  for the PEOPLES CHOICE AWARD and the Ghana dj AWARDS,and  with fingers crossed we will bring alll home..just  dont forget  to vote MAMPI as the porpular song of the year text CH vybrant faya to 1446(peoples choice award)





KV:What were you doing and where were you the first time you heard your song on the radio? 

VybrantFaya:Jah know! I think it was a south-African Radio that played my song first and I was actually  in a restaurant! Was that an experience…it just felt strange hearing myself ,lol, but I was ecstatic and so confident because I knew it already sounds good.


KV:Before you give a live acapela, what backstage rituals do you do to calm your nerves? 

VybrantFaya:I try to keep as calm as possible because the moment you try and do something different it all goes wrong so, I just try and stay cool but act normal because i'm so unique and i don't have to listen to other to rate myself. Already no one is like me.

KV:Describe the way that you write your songs—what factors into your music writing process?

VybrantFaya: It depends…on what I’m writing about, my environment/atmosphere, my mood and whether I have a beat already or not…I think maybe I should take you around with me sometime so you can see how it really works, the different and many ways I handle writing, recording and production sessions etc. You would love it cos I like to work with a concept therefore most of my songs have a good story line.

KV:You tend to sing in  English and patua. How important is the language when composing a song and how do you determine which language a song will be sang in? 

VybrantFaya:I’ve done a few songs in, Twi, English, and Patoa before, hehe…I just hear a beat/riddim or write a song and say ‘HEY’ there HAS to be another dialect in there because it just comes to me like that and feels like sometimes someone control my mind. I can just enter a studio and just do a good track just like that.the English language is what I’m more used to, Twi is my mother's tongue,and patua is for the streets so the three always remain a priority in my works still. 

KV:What are your goals for this year? 

VybrantFaya:More videos, more music, more shows, Charity works, travelling to the world and spreading the word… Dance hall Music, SMF Foundation.

KV:If you were not making music, what do you think you would be doing in your life?

VybrantFaya: I would probably be another being that doesn't exist lol! Or maybe a different human being who exists in another body without a name  haha!!!therefore Music IS a MUST for me. 

KV:DO YOU  HAVE SPECIFIC DIET IN KEEPING YOUR GREAT VOICE:   

VybrantFaya: i'm not so religious to that extends but i'm also very careful not to lose my voice. I eat what every Ghanaian eats.I don’t joke with my regular voice training session and that's all..


KV:WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO TELL YOUR FANS OUT THERE?: 

VybrantFaya:I want to thank God, My Team, #shatta Movement Family,
and the loyal fans out there for the love and support they are giving me.I'm so grateful. I have a lot of songs including collaborations coming up this year so they should keep their fingers crossed

. They can get interactive with me on the social media. On facebook: VybrantFayaSMF, on Twitter: @VybrantFayaSMF, my channel on reverbnation is VybrantFayaSMF, Hulkshare VybrantFayaSMF, soundclouds VybrantFayaSMF and on youtube: VybrantFayaSMF.instagram: VybrantFayaSMF
 For booking please send us an email :SMFAFRICA@GMAIL.COM or call my booking agent on 0243031434.


WATCH AND DOWNLOAD THE MAMPI VIDEO HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Does he have a private Jet? See Top 10 facts about the Pastor Kumuyi you did not know (Photos)

Exclusive 18+ Photos Afia Schwarzenegger caught cheating

My lesbian story - Yvonne Nelson